My thoughts on rereading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, pages 271-341.
- Reading the scenes with the giant spiders still creeps me out and my new illustrated edition is not helping at all. Spiders everywhere. Also, I am very glad that Harry and Ron made a point to get Fang out of Aragog’s clutches. I never would have been able to forgive them if they’d left the dog.
- I love how Percy covers up that Ginny caught him kissing a girl by making it sound like he was doing something even more indecent. “Well, er, if you must know, Ginny, er, walked in on me the other day when I was – well, never mind- the point is, she spotted me doing something and I, um, I asked her not to mention it to anybody.” Yep, Percy that doesn’t sound shady at all.
- Okay, I get that Harry and Ron really want to save Ginny but why did they think it was a good idea to take a wandless Lockhart down into the Chamber with them? Especially right after he admits to them that he’s a fraud?
- Voldemort. So many wizards fear the name and it was created by a teenage boy who apparently really liked anagrams.
- Dumbledore, aka J.K. Rowling has some of the best quotable quotes. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- Also, Lucius Malfoy really is an asshat and Dobby is awesome.
- So ends another year in the life of Harry Potter and what a wonderful journey it was.