I actually finished rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban over a week ago but life has gotten in the way of posting my reviews.
Anyways, here it is. My thoughts on rereading Prisoner of Azkaban, pages 1-210.
- Harry is studying History of Magic and learns that there is a spell for witches and wizards to keep from getting burnt at the stake. The spell makes the flames tickle the caster instead of burn them. So does this mean Muggles weren’t smart enough to see proof of a dead, burnt body or did the spell make them see that too?
- Mentions of Sirius Black and Remus Lupin! Yay! Oh wait…no…don’t make me like them! You’ll break my heart in the end J.K. Rowling!
- Wait, when Molly and Arthur are talking about Sirius escaping Azkaban Arthur says that the guards were “talking” to Fudge. Are there guards who aren’t Dementors or were the Dementors talking? According to what I know about Dementors, a talking one sounds terrifying.
- Book three and Harry has missed every Sorting but his own. Does anyone else think that maybe Rowling just didn’t want to have to write so many Sorting Hat songs?
- Hey look, it’s Buckbeak!
- I would love to be at Hogwarts during either Halloween or Christmas. I love holiday decorations and the ones at the castle sound amazing! Plus the scenes in the movies were awesome so that gives me an idea.
- Also, come on Sirius. I know you want revenge on Peter and you really want to see your godson but stop being so creepy about it.
- The Marauders Map. So many unanswered questions. Exactly what kind of spells did they have to use to make it work? And how in the world did the Weasley twins find the right combination of words to use it?!
- Books run completely on random coincidences, don’t they? Like, what was the chance that Harry would have overheard professors gossiping about Black and the Potters when Harry wasn’t even supposed to be in Hogsmeade?