I’ve been trying to come up with interesting topics for blog posts and decided that I should do a post about my favorite quotes about books and reading. I wouldn’t be surprised if I had done a similar posting before and I’m frankly too lazy to double check and make sure I haven’t written this exact same post sometime over the years so I apologize if I have.
So without further ado…my favorite bookish quotes.
- ‘”One must always be careful of books,” said Tessa, “and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”‘ – Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Angel)
- I read Clockwork Angel by Clare years ago and yet this quote has always stuck with me because I just think it’s so true. Reading, and words, can have such a powerful effect on us. They can be meaningful in an enlightening way or just in a personal way and I think that’s amazing.
- “When trouble strikes, head to the library. You will either be able to solve the problem, or simply have something to read as the world crashes down around you.”- Lemony Snicket
- I love the combination of book love and library love in this quote. As a librarian I, of course, love the library so it’s nice to see a quote that speaks of the importance of the library like this one does. In a library, and in books, you can find solutions to problems or just enjoyment. I know that I can sometimes get so lost in a book that I can picture the world falling down around me without my notice.
- ‘”A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,” said Jojen. “The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R.Martin (A Dance With Dragons)
- I just love how this quote really puts an emphasis on how important reading can be to an individual. When you really get into a book you aren’t just reading it, you’re “living” it. And to me, that’s just beautiful. Plus, it shows non-readers that they are really missing out.